Sunday, November 1, 2015

FRAN'S THOUGHTS: NanoWrimo

Halloween is over! and aside from the automatic transition into Thanksgiving preparation, the time has also come for NanoWriMo!

For those who are not familiar with the term, NanoWriMo stands for National Novel Writing Month. Yeah, it's a thing. Writers commit themselves to starting and finishing a novel within the month of November, and you become a winner by achieving your desired word count by November 30th! (AKA WHEN UC APPS ARE DUE HAHAHA H8 LIFE) 

Anyone who joins this insanity has my immediate respect. I have never been one to finish a novel even if I get a whole year as opposed to a month. So to honor this special time for writers all over the world, I thought I'd share with you the stories-that-I-thought-about-writing-24/7-but-never-actually-spent-the-time-to-finish.

  • 2009: Love Story
    • It was about a love story.
  • 2013: Stonehaven Academy
    • A story of long-lost twins named Lennon and Emerson who ran cross country for a living.
  • 2014: Ryland
    • A girl named Ryland who did the most badass things because her name was Ryland.
  • 2014: Hero Battles Fanfiction
    • Damn right I wrote fanfic
  • 2014: A Story for my Mother
    • A 5-page fictional message to help my mom cope with claustrophobia during her solo trip on a plane. (She never read it)
  • 2014: Elite
    • In which a group of Sherlock Holmes' prodigies come together to solve crimes throughout the universe. They may or may not have been spies as well. 
  • 2015: Forest
    • A treasure hunt occurs within the mystical forests of a parallel universe. 

3 comments:

  1. The story about your mom and claustrophobia seems interesting! Where can I find a copy?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately, I was never able to finish it but I'm glad you found the premise interesting!

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete