Thursday, May 23, 2019

Cruel Prince

I feel like this is a hit or miss among readers and sadly, it was a miss for me. I don't know - I just never got fully invested with the story or its characters. Although the Faerie world is cool, I didn't care much for it? I think a big dictator of my appeal to a story is the character composition and in here, it was kind of...not that interesting. Maybe it was a little too cliche or juvenile for my taste. I feel really mean but it was hard for me to get through this one - even when the romance peaked, I wasn't charmed by it in the slightest, which is weird because I'm very easily charmed.

But it could also be that I wasn't in the mood for this type of story? I don't know.

If there's anything I'd praise, it'd be the world building! That was the most interesting part and I wanted to see more of the faerie world without the main character's narrow eyesight.

Rating: 1/5 stars
Goodreads summary: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/26032825-the-cruel-prince

No comments:

Post a Comment