Thursday, December 31, 2015

So it goes

HAPPY NEW YEARS


Well, we're less than 12 hours away from the New Year, and a lot has occurred in the past 365 days. I'm not going to recite my whole year but it contained some of the best moments but plenty of bad ones, but that's life and I love it. This time next year everything's going to be different, and I'm excited.


While I won't talk about my entire year, I'll list all the books I read this year and talk about some highlight scenes/characters/etc (because, after all, this is a leisurely book blog)


(in order in which they were read)
  1. Crown of Midnight by Sarah J Maas
  2. Box 21 by Anders Roslund
  3. Thr3e by Ted Dekker
  4. Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard
  5. Midnight for Charlie Bone by Jenny Nimmo
  6. Charlie Bone and the Time Twister by Jenny Nimmo
  7. Anthem by Ayn Rand
  8. Norwegian Wood by Haruki Murakami
  9. Slaughterhouse-Five by Kurt Vonnegut
  10. Tell the Wolves I'm Home by Carol Rifka Brunt
  11. A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J Maas
  12. Coraline by Neil Gaiman
  13. The Assassin's Blade by Sarah J Maas
  14. Heir of Fire by Sarah J Maas
  15. Queen of Shadows by Sarah J Maas
  16. The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey
  17. Breakfast at Tiffany's by Truman Capote
  18. Eleanor and Park by Rainbow Rowell
  19. The Stranger by Albert Camus
  20. Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo
  21. Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger
  22. Watchmen by Alan Moore
  23. Siddhartha by Herman Hesse
  24. Carry On by Rainbow Rowell
  25. Maus: My Father Bleeds History by Art Spiegelman
Instead of making another list, my top five, in no particular order, are bolded. This was a really hard top five to compose because most of the books I read this year were wonderful. However there were a few exceptions, namely three: Red Queen, Crown of Midnight, and Queen of Shadows. (Sorry for calling these out but really if I could've avoided these and switched them out for something better I would've)


Statistics:
The author I read most of was Sarah J. Maas (though out of the five I read I enjoyed only three, and that's being generous since I'm still mixed about Heir of Fire)
Compared to previous years, I read a lot more realistic stuff than usual, but all were a great read
I exceeded my Goodreads goal of 21 books. woo!
Three books on this list were required readings for AP Lit. This said, I didn't hate any of them, though Siddhartha was only eh. Catcher in the Rye is by far the best
I read more graphic novels than usual (just see my previous post)


Favorite Characters from five books (not necessarily top five)
Catcher in the Rye- Holden Caulfield
Eleanor and Park- Park
Six of Crows- Inej
The 5th Wave- Cassie
Tell the Wolves I'm Home-June Elbus


I was about to do favorite couples but not a lot of the books I read had romance or good couples. But I will make a shoutout to Rainbow Rowell for some of the best couples ever: Eleanor/Park and Simon/Baz. Her romance is the best, but so is her humor and story. If I had to pick a favorite author of the year it's her.


So there's a summary of my year in literature! What's yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment